Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Return to the Pulpit

Well I'm Happy to report that everything went smoothly on my return to the pulpit on August 4th. The regular Praise and Worship team wasn't there that day so a couple of the ladies led the songs and we had good old-fashioned hymns with a piano. The sermon was based on Mark 16:15. The Title was Preach the Gospel (Use words because you have to). It was well received and people were surprised to find out I can preach. My mom finally got to hear me from the pulpit and she was proud. My sister thought I was impressive. And the guys from my Monday morning men's share group were excited too. All in all I felt really good about it. And I can't wait to get the chance to do it again.. But the truth is this; I could have never got up there and talked in front of all those people and talked for 45 minutes if it wasn't God holding my hand all the way. In high-school I got more than one "F" for refusing to do an oral report. This is just the kind of thing I was preaching about. When God says "Speak", we have to trust Him enough to speak. It doesn't matter if it is in front of thousands of people or talking quietly with one person. It is about being obedient to God. And it is about making the Gospel message known to all people. All for His honor and glory Amen.


Ev. W. Shannon Caplinger

No comments:

Post a Comment