Thursday, August 18, 2011

Where is my Salvation

Psalm 35:3 "Draw out also the spear, and stop the way against them that persecute me: say unto my soul, I am thy salvation."

How often do we feel forsaken? It is not uncommon for Christians to feel alone and abandoned. Even though HE promises not to leave us or forsake us (Hebrews 13:5) the feeling still creeps in from time to time. Sometimes it can happen that we would even question our salvation. King David was a human being. And for all his praise and worship he too felt this isolation at different times. And he had the courage to write about it. We can read in the Psalms where he frequently felt abandoned by GOD. He cried out to GOD not to abandon him forever. We can sometimes grow so weary of life's battles that we feel this same low that David faced. But in addition to his praises, and in addition to his feelings of loneliness, David also recorded his response to those feelings. When we feel the isolation and the darkness that we are promised is only a feeling and not our reality, we, like David, can cry out; "LORD, tell me You are my salvation."

Peace and blessings.
Shannon

No comments:

Post a Comment