Monday, September 22, 2014

Revival on the Court Square

     Well we held the Second Annual (and last) Citywide Fall Revival on the Court Square on the 12th of September. The turnout was less than last year, the Coshocton Rotary Club didn’t change the sign in front of the gazebo like they said they would (the playhouse was too important), and the guy organizing the first annual bacon festival was there blocking parking spaces for his event for the next day. His reservation didn't start until 9AM the next day but he was closing the streets as our event was starting and businesses were still open! So I do see a pattern. The rotary club put their priority on the playhouse. The business owners and the bacon man had bacon as their priority. But my wife and I, and a few faithful friends from our home church, and a brother from my Monday morning men’s prayer group had God as our priority. And ya know what? God showed up! Yep. Our little worship service of about a dozen people was blessed with God’s presence. He spoke to us, challenged us, and embraced us. Do I think revival is coming to Coshocton? Yes actually, it did. And we enjoyed it. Now we are back to work trying to share the Gospel of Jesus with the ones who will listen. Why was it our last “organized” citywide…? Well because my wife and I don’t expect to be there in September at least for the next couple years. And besides that, we did what God said to do. The city in general is rejecting God. We offered and they declined. That probably is connected to why the only Christian book store went out of business in August. Am I discouraged? No. I did what God said and His will was accomplished. Will I continue to pray for Coshocton? Of course! “Moreover, as for me, far be it from me that I should sin against the Lord by ceasing to pray for you” (1 Samuel 12:23 NASB). This is just a picture of the world condition. People for the most part don’t want God. But that is not my responsibility. The responsibility God placed on me was to offer them Jesus. And that is what I will continue to do as we travel the country seeking those who want to find Him.
Be blessed my friends,

Rev. W. S. Caplinger C.E.

No comments:

Post a Comment