Friday, July 11, 2014

Discouraged yet Encouraged

I guess things are going well enough. Since going full-time we have been plagued with mechanical problems. Thanks be to God that they have all been relatively minor and not involved the drivetrain. And I get discouraged that the people we try to talk to who aren’t already Christians don’t want to talk about it. But Bernie continues to point out that an Evangelist is also responsible for encouraging The Church. And we do seem to be having success in that area. I know some talk about how “easy” it is to lead someone to Christ. But I will not push the issue. Jesus did teach us not to cast pearls before swine (Matthew 7:6). And I refuse to give out some easy believing, watered down, “just let Jesus be your savior and the rest will come later” kind of message. I do not want to be responsible for making “false converts”. My God deserves better than that. People cannot and will not come to Christ for salvation until they understand they are lost and in need of The Savior. And I will not teach salvation without repentance. Yes our God loves us and wants to save us. He paid the ultimate price to offer us this salvation. But He is Holy, Righteous, Sovereign, and Just. He deserves a bit of reverence. And if people can’t accept that God then then they are rejecting the True and Living God. And I will not be responsible for their folly. So we continue to do all we can and let the Spirit guide us. God will open doors where and when it is time. And they will be doors “no man can shut”. Peace and blessings, Rev. W.S. Caplinger C.E.

No comments:

Post a Comment