Wednesday, November 13, 2013

The Word of God

I think it’s amazing how much the Bible will speak to you when you really get into it. I have studied the Bible since I was a teenager. I have read it cover to cover more than three times. And I study it every day. And every time I get into a passage I see something more that I didn’t notice the last time. I was recently re-reading Romans and realized I needed to come to terms with what Paul was really saying in Chapters 9-11. So after some prayer and diligent study the Spirit showed me what I was overlooking. I am now doing the same thing with the Gospel according to Matthew. And the process has opened yet another door that has clarified doctrine I wasn’t grasping. This book we call the Bible doesn’t just contain God’s words, it IS God’s Word. It is alive and speaks to us. And it staggers my mind when atheists claim to have read it and still insist it’s just a fairytale. Lord remove the scales from their eyes. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment